Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pecautionary Maintenance for Barronett and Other Blinds.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Some of the weather is hard on these blinds. We lost 2 Barronett blinds to the snow not long ago. One even had a stick in the middle for support. (Wind blowing stick fell out) Repairs to these 2 blinds were right at 100.00 for the two. We now have a 2" piece of PVC in the middle for a support that works great! Measure your blind and cut the conduit about 2 or 3" longer than you need. You can dig out the ground easier than make your pole longer. You may even want to put a cap on the bottom to keep from working down in the dirt.
20160830_173709.jpg The ends were added due to me cutting them to the actual measurements. Leaving the Top open allows the nut in the top/center of blind to help hold it in place. We even put a couple hooks attached to PVC to hang accessory bags and such up off the ground.20160830_173756.jpg Soon as I can find them I'm going to put a plastic drink holder on the support also. This whole concept will work on other brands. Will pay for itself in one year or less.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I would try "Sewing" the hole shut with a couple cable ties. May have to cut a small portion off the rod to adjust it's size. They cut easy with a hacksaw.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Here is a money saving tip: The fiberglass replacement rods are 4.50 each plus postage. The orange or yellow fiberglass rods (To mark your driveway) with reflective tape are cheaper. They come in a 2 pack for about 3.50. These are just a hair smaller in diameter. You will have to drill out the anchor (Top piece) and glue it in place. Also glue the bottom protective sleeve back on. They come 48" but can be cut easily with the hack saw or arrow cut off saw.

Note: Measure your actual rods! According to Barronett my rods were 42" They were too long due to the way it was sewn together. (I believe) I measured the actual rods in my blind and it was only 41 1/4". Cut all to size and it's perfect!

Last edited: