Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for stud Feist

HillBuck

Union Co
Well, I'm thinking about breeding my 5 year old Elkhound next spring, but am really interested in crossing her out with a nice pure bred Feist. I have seen some really nice dogs come from crossing these breeds. This cross breed use to be a all over the south. My dad had one that looked like a short haired elkhound. She was more of a yard dog but would tree squirrels all day.

HillBuck

Union Co
My buddy from Kentucky and myself have a couple of full mate female elkhounds that have just been unbelievable to hunt with! He gets to hunt a little more than I do as he trains bird dogs for a living and squirrel hunts in his downtown. This is probably one of my favorite breeds as a great all around dog. Also very protective of my niece and nephew as well as the rest of the live stock around the farm. My wife and I have a little one of our own on the way this December and this is one of the few dog breeds that I 100% trust to be around small kids. These dogs train themselves. Crossing them with feist puts a little shorter coat on them and gives them a little better mouth.