Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Silencing the M100U

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I've been watching some videos on YouTube from the DIY Sportsman (Flutie knows who he is;) and he had a video on silencing treestands. His was a lone wolf so some of it didn't apply to me. He was using 5/16 Camo rope to silence part of his platform. While I was in the garage today going through my totes getting my huntin gear ready I found some 5/16 Camo rope. After watching the video at midnight I went down to the garage and started messing with my stand to see if and where there was any metal on metal contact. Under the seat on the seat support bar I guess you would call it I found where it was hitting the platform when closed and figured I'd use the rope on that.

Still folds flat, no noticeable added weight, and it doesn't make noise anymore. I plan on getting more rope to do the edges of my platform for more silencing and also to let me know when my feet are getting close to the edge without me having to look down. Plus almost everybody has probably smacked their bow off the edges of the platform while pulling it up, this would also get rid of that noise.

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Never have seen the hockey tape, is it cheaper then the camo tape they sell???
Ask Chad, he picked some up today. I've personally never used it on stands, but I've used it for other things and it does well. Just never paid attention to price.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

$3 a roll at Walmart, 3 rolls to fully tape 4 lone wolf sticks. Very impressed with the performance, seems like it will hold up pretty good. I'll go over the taped sticks with Camo paint.