Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bear by my house....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thought you guys might like this pic... Seen him in a field by my house here in Jersey so I snapped a cell phone pic... Will be putting my trail cam out soon with the focus on bears for the upcoming season...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Looks like a nice sized one TOO. Sure would be cool to see that outside my house...... for a minute at least.
Don't think you want them in Ohio.... They definitely put a dent in the fawn population.. The area of Jersey I hunt them is as wild as it gets.. You would be amazed exactly how wild it is... Years ago it would always produce some nice deer.. Now with snow on the ground you'd be lucky to cut a set of deer tracks in a day of walking... On the other hand.... Last year I had approx 25 different bears on cam in a week... I would say either New Jersey or Pa. will produce the next world record black bear.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If I hunt something out of state that isn't a whitetail it will likely be bear. There is something exciting about hunting something with a bow that can kill you back.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
That's a great picture, how exciting!! You must have a hell of a camera phone because the quality is outstanding I might add.