Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Future shed dog

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
So my youngest daughter moved back home and brought this mutt with her. She doesn't do much of anything with him and so I decided to let him play with some antler lol. He is only 4-5 months old so hopefully I can get him to help this next shed season. Can't tell but I'm thinking he is border/lab mix.

20160825_181408.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cool! Dogs love chewing on antlers! Just watch him close... aggressive chewers can crack their teeth on antlers, and next thing you know you're staring at a big vet bill!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks for the heads up fellas. I will for sure keep an eye on the chewing. So far he just fetches it and brings it back. I will let him chew on it for a few minutes after playing fetch with it. He really seems to like going after it and running around tossing it around in his mouth as he runs back lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very cool Adam, looks like the daughter brought you back a early Christmas present.

Best part is. I make her clean up her dogs poop lol. I just get the fun playing around with him lol. You know, the reverse of what happened the entire time we had dogs while she grew up and lived here lol.

OhioHunter88

Perry County
Nice. I'm working with my female dog, she is mixed with lab and something else. Not sure what though. She is just a little over a year old and been chewing and playing with sheds since I've had her. I've hid them and she has found them, still working with her but hope for her to find some this winter. I bought the bone dog antler scent and his DVD