Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My freaking Dog eats yellow jackets!

Bigcountry40

My black wiener has eaten like 15 yellow jackets in the past few days! There is a nest inside the siding of the house I am currently renting and the land lord is a fuggin idiot! She doesn't yipe and she doesn't seem to have swelling or negative side effects. Anyone else's dog do this, should I be worried! Rather than ask a bunch of pussies at work, I figured my hunting buddies who are much more logical and understand how tough dogs really are in general.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
You starting off the thread with "my black Weiner has eaten like 15 yellow jackets" is rather funny. But no, I don't know what to tell ya, never heard of dogs doing that.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
My dogs have all eaten any type of buzzing bugs. From bees, wasps on down to horse flys.

The one I have now loves bumble and wood boring bees.

Blan37

SW Ohio
Maybe she hasn't been bitten yet? If she's crushing the abdomen before they can get a shot off that could be why.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Eats bees. Kills chickens. Kills cats. Killed our sons guinea pig. Scared of thunder. I am no help. My 75lb GSP has been scared all night. He is the biggest baby ever unless it is time to kill something. lol