Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hortontoters 2016 Trail Camera Photos

It has been a summer of disappointment at my place. Plenty of bucks, but nothing that gave me that "that's the one I want to hunt" moment. Most of the bucks are fairly young and need to grow. The very young ten point could grow in to something spectacular if he survived a few years. But, I'd probably take him this season if given the opportunity. Here are a few up and comers and one freak of nature.

Attachments

• HUNT3344.jpg
    HUNT3344.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 141
  • HUNT3390.jpg
    HUNT3390.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 115
  • HUNT3397.jpg
    HUNT3397.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 121
  • HUNT4154.jpg
    HUNT4154.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 114
  • HUNT5559.jpg
    HUNT5559.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 122

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This is why I didn't run cameras the last couple years... Just going to play the pinch points and take a wait and see attitude lol...

This is why I didn't run cameras the last couple years... Just going to play the pinch points and take a wait and see attitude lol...

I can't imagine not having a camera over a mineral site during the summer as an inventory tool. My Trophy Rock site pulls a ton of deer from April thru mid September. Mt last card pull on Monday had 3,718 photos in 23 days. This camera is set to take one photo at a time with a 7 second delay.

I hunt pinch points, but I prefer to have some idea what may be around. Not enough does in my area to pull bucks in during the rut most years either.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Off and running Dick! I'm struggling this year. After a good run of having some real studs on cam, I'm paying the price. You may have a little "Splitter hangover" to fight for a while. Hopefully not thought and the next big boy is on the next cam pull!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I can't imagine not having a camera over a mineral site during the summer as an inventory tool. My Trophy Rock site pulls a ton of deer from April thru mid September. Mt last card pull on Monday had 3,718 photos in 23 days. This camera is set to take one photo at a time with a 7 second delay.

I hunt pinch points, but I prefer to have some idea what may be around. Not enough does in my area to pull bucks in during the rut most years either.

Glassing the fields from afar has been my tactic last couple years... Still get to see what's around for the most part and less intrusive....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Whatever makes you happy Dick. That is what you should shoot. I'd be content eating a tag and watching them grow, all while hoping a new guy showed up. It will be enjoyable for you to hunt whether you shoot one or not. Then again, you already know that. lol