Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone use a ghostblind

whitetailjunky3

I got a ghostblind this year just wondering if anyone has used one and has any advice on using it. Seems like it wouldn't hold up to well in the wind.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have one. Haven't used it for deer. Seems a bit tall for turkey hunting if sitting on turkey chair close to ground.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes. I'd imagine so. I got the taller one. The shorter one might be better for turkeys. If kneeling down with a bow I think the taller one would work.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Yes. I'd imagine so. I got the taller one. The shorter one might be better for turkeys. If kneeling down with a bow I think the taller one would work.
Could you imagine having a strutting tom at 20 yards and then he sees himself in the ghost blind lol

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I hear my name ! I have two of these so I can get all the more concealment if needed. It's best I think to put some brush in front, so things look more natural from a deer's perspective. Just like any other method, you need to see the deer before they see you. As for the wind, as long as you have the two outer panels pinned down, they're quite stable. If I have a small tree at my spot, I just clamp an end panel to that. I use a clamp to hold the thing together when carrying it anyhow so it doesn't unfold when you set it down. These are angled downwards. If anything is going to see itself, it would have to be extremely close. I set mine out in the yard one time & tried to get the dog to find me. It took a while with him running back & forth out in front & when his nose finally locked on me, he still didn't know until he almost ran into the blind. When he got around & saw the camo backing, it literally scared him & he jumped back. Have fun with it !

Last edited:

whitetailjunky3

Thanks for the advice I can't wait to get out there and use it. I love the fact that I will be able to be mobile and Hunt several different spots.