Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New car

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
My wife and i are looking for a new suv for her to drive. We have it narrowed down to a 2013 Ford Explorer that has 38,000 miles and a 2016 Jeep Cherokee that has 10 miles. Was wondering if anybody has any feedback good or bad on either vehicle... im leaning more towads the Jeep while she likes the Ford... ih and both are within $2000 of eash other

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
From the mileage standpoint for 2k would be worth it to start out fresh.... From a model standpoint I've got no experience with either of them...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm a Ford guy if I had to choose. But my experience is the one talking now. If Ford looks good all over and that is what SHE wants. I'd go with it because if something happens to that Jeep... Guess who's gonna hear about it for the next 27 years?.... YOU! :smiley_coolpeace:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm a Ford guy if I had to choose. But my experience is the one talking now. If Ford looks good all over and that is what SHE wants. I'd go with it because if something happens to that Jeep... Guess who's gonna hear about it for the next 27 years?.... YOU! :smiley_coolpeace:

LMAO then there's that lol

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio

So who is dying in 2043? Him or his wife? Lol. Let her pick.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
We have had 2 Jeep Cherokee's and ran them into the ground. (6 all told in the family over the years) Great drive train and solid motors. If I haden't needed a truck next, I would be looking at another.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm not a big fan of paying depreciation and love letting someone else pay for part of my vehicle.

I bought a 2007 CTS-V in 2012 for $19,000 that had 68k miles on it. MSRP in 2007 was $62,000. The way I look at it is someone paid me $43,000 to put 68k miles on my car. I've put 72k milles on it myself and KBB trade is still $11,700. So I only paid $8,300 to put the same miles on it that the other guy paid 43k to put on it.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
I agree with the warranty and having something new.
Kinda what we are thinking...
I'm not a big fan of paying depreciation and love letting someone else pay for part of my vehicle.

I bought a 2007 CTS-V in 2012 for $19,000 that had 68k miles on it. MSRP in 2007 was $62,000. The way I look at it is someone paid me $43,000 to put 68k miles on my car. I've put 72k milles on it myself and KBB trade is still $11,700. So I only paid $8,300 to put the same miles on it that the other guy paid 43k to put on it.
I understand what you are saying but i believe that this will be a vehicle we will have for many years...

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
We decided on the jeep...
Wifey is happy now...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I had a 10 point as well as numerous other deer inside a bronco II lol but the best was a 6 point buck inside the trunk of a 87 mustang lx lol