Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent Crusher

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Ok all, don't castrate me for this post.

However have you seen this product? It makes sense to me, it seems that it would really work. I never really bought into OZONICS as I feel that with wind swirl and all it just wouldn't work that well. However, this product you put your clothes into it, it pumps it full of OZONE and it kills all scent bacteria. I have read some great reviews, and I hate buying into gimmicks but this one has me intrigued.

Am I just getting fooled by marketing?

Hunter II

Would you pack it in a suitcase full of cocaine and take it on an airplane? You would think all these scent killers would put drug dogs out of work.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Would you pack it in a suitcase full of cocaine and take it on an airplane? You would think all these scent killers would put drug dogs out of work.

that would be a true sales test wouldn't it though! Gosh dang ahahah!

I have just read a lot of guys saying they have had boots that stunk for years, tried everything, but them in some type of OZONE inclosed area and the smell goes away. I still have a lot of research to do but I am lying if I say I am not a little intrigued.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Ozone has been used for years in different arenas and it is used to kill smoke damage in homes at times. That being said I question the output of these machines

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My take on things Albert: You will never 100% fool a whitetails nose. Scent Smoker. Ozone machines. No matter how diligent we are, I don't think we ccan 100% mask our scent. Greatly minimize or cover it is the best we can do. I am guessing you feel similar. You are pretty whitetail savvy.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
My take on things Albert: You will never 100% fool a whitetails nose. Scent Smoker. Ozone machines. No matter how diligent we are, I don't think we ccan 100% mask our scent. Greatly minimize or cover it is the best we can do. I am guessing you feel similar. You are pretty whitetail savvy.

So this is how I very much feel. However if you think about OZONE and IF it works. Then the idea of this machine/system is pretty cool. You have all your clothes in bag full of OZONE= no smell to the clothes. You pull them out of bag, spray down, and enter woods with good wind. You scent is drastically reduced.

Again this is all assuming this system works.....that is the questions.

Chad- I aint worried about money I have some gift cards needing spent.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Clothes are the easy part. What u gonna do about your body oder???
Spending a bunch of dough aiming for complete scent elimnination is all a gimmick in my book. I go on the cheap with scent free shower soap and laundry detergent that is free of dyes and perfumes (nothing marketed towards hunters but whatever is cheapest at the local dept store). And yes I've had mature deer approach directly from downwind.
Don't waste your money.

Bivobuck

Delaware
I smoke everything, smoke up my ground blinds, I think most deer somewhere in there life have smelled smoke of some sort. Since I got turned onto smoking my clothes and stuff, I have not been busted. So far!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Spending a bunch of dough aiming for complete scent elimnination is all a gimmick in my book. I go on the cheap with scent free shower soap and laundry detergent that is free of dyes and perfumes (nothing marketed towards hunters but whatever is cheapest at the local dept store). And yes I've had mature deer approach directly from downwind.
Don't waste your money.

Scent free body wash, scent free detergent like you mentioned, smoke up clothes equipment and hand and hair and cap....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Don't waste your money.

Well if you believe in scent free show is helping eliminate your body odor and if OZONE does help eliminate scent on clothes, then wouldn't that be a killer combination?

No way you are tricking a deers nose 100%. However if OZONE truly does kill bacteria that makes something smell, then in theory this would work rather effectively. Now I still believe you would need to take scent free showers, play the wind, etc.

Like I said I believe in scent smoker but this OZONE stuff in the industry is catching my interest.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What is OZONE? How does it go about identifying and killing the stinky bugs in my boots? Will it cover up a wet fart? I don't these answers, but I know I'm not spending money on something of this nature.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
What is OZONE? How does it go about identifying and killing the stinky bugs in my boots? Will it cover up a wet fart? I don't these answers, but I know I'm not spending money on something of this nature.

these are things I am actually wanting to find out haha. I have seen guys build their own OZONE rooms/bags and they say you can put anything that stinks in them and smell is gone. I have done some basic research and I am interested in learning more. This year I will be smoking up still because I aint dropping money this year but I am interested in learning more.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's interesting for sure. Especially the part about it's how the remove the smoke smell from fire damaged homes. If it can remove that odor logic would dictate it could remove other odors. I'll still just smoke my clothes right back up though.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Removing odors from human sense and that of deer are two different ball games. I'd be interested in seeing the parts per million research on the elimination of odors.