Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Constant Shenanigans.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Guys. We all visit TOO for various reasons. Some to talk with good friends, some to have a good time, and others to read and learn quality information about hunting. I realize the off season can be dull and we all enjoy some shenanigans and ball busting. As we get closer to season however we need to keep in mind there are many people who visit to ask question and read quality information about hunting. If every thread is hijacked with ball busting and shenanigans it's going to turn people off pretty quick and they'll stop visiting and contributing.

It's good to maintain the friendly banter and jokes between longtime members and friends but lets try to limit it to appropriate threads. I'm not singling anyone out, and I'm just as guilty as the next guy. But when we have people asking serious questions or looking for advice lets try to provide that to them and not immediately hijack the hell out of their thread. We need to keep in mind that a lot of people don't understand the banter, they don't have the history and relationships that many on this forum have created. When a person is asking a serious question and everyone starts in with the shenanigans it may be funny to members who know each other, however to that poster and others visiting for quality hunting information, we look like douchebags.

Also. Not every person posting for the first time needs to introduce themselves, stick around, or contribute past their initial question. If they want to ask a question, read replies, and never post again that's okay. It's all good information that people can benefit from. If a first time poster needs addressed then Jesse or I'll handle it. We do it all the time with people posting stuff for sale, leases, and other solicitations, usually before many people even know it was posted. Just report it and let us know.

So lets just try to be a little more aware of that guys. Lets help people out and give good advice to those asking questions, and where appropriate, bust your buddies balls. Thanks.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
[video]https://youtu.be/JNPW2wZ4D2s[/video]

Shenagins ya say ?
The perfect clip for a little levity.

Joe nailed it with his post. I've been approached a few times now with concern about our (and by our, I mean the entire TOO brand, myself included) tendency to convey and promote a sense of exclusivity by way of "clickish" manner of ball busting. Good hearted shenanigans is at the core of who we are and what this brand is all about. We simply have to be aware of our tendency to go to extremes. A little is good. A lot can create problems as it relates to our brand. We all have ownership in this product, particularly as it relates to how we relate to new members.

You all are fine men and women, so I have little doubt in our collective ability to represent TOO in a positive manner. Including quality shenanigans as Jake pointed out! LOL.