Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just some plot pictures

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_2064.JPGIMG_2062.JPGIMG_2060.JPG

at1010

*Supporting Member*
brassica mix, corn was down broadcast method, and beans were also done broadcast method. Notice the exclusion fence, I would say my deer like beans!!

How to broadcast corn with decent success
1. pick spot you want to plant
2. read label for corn seeding rate, DONT go over kill corn needs room to grow
3. I put down about 200lbs of UREA per half acre
4. Till in Urea
5. Spread corn, raise tiller just a touch and skim top to till in corn.
6. Pack it down with a cultipacker or 4wheeler
7. pray for rain!

I hope this helps some of you all who have wanted to try planting corn! Hope you enjoy the pics!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_2075.JPGIMG_2072.JPGIMG_2074.JPG

Here are three more plots.

1. beans and corn
2. Brassicas (I top dressed this plot with UREA yesterday- (this is a great method be make sure you have rain in forecast, also that leaves are dry, if your urea sticks to leaves, and you don't get rain you can burn your plots up.) Notice the dark green color, soak up the N brassicas!
3. Small plot I call pine plot. Sits on an oak ridge between two thickets. Great spot for seeing deer, tough to get stuff to grow really well but I just top dressed it with oats, urea, and will hit it with WR soon.

Season is close boys!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Looking good. Can you tell me why you planted your brassicas so early?

I've been doing this for awhile. I always plant my brassicas around mid July. Gives them
Time to get big tops on them and bigger tubbers. I tried later and I got about half the tonnage.

I know a lot of guys who plant them July 4th! I really like doing it early.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Both. The fields is a could acres. Also setup for bow as the deer naturally funnel by it due to a few terrain features.