Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

public land bucks.

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
102_0001.jpg102_0111.jpg

Attachments

• 102_0111.jpg
    102_0111.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 207

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats on a couple great public land bucks. Heck, those are great anywhere. Public or private land.

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
Pabowbender you have said the excact same thing as the 40 bow hunters at the motel we stay at, of course they all ask where the hell are we hunting, and we here the same thing thing every year when we roll in, hear are them Vermont boys again what the hell are they going to drag into the motel this year, its awesome to hear these guys say the shit they do, we are very hard core bow hunters and put the miles on to harvest the deer we do, we are not afraid to put some ground behind us to get off the beaten path, one spot that i have located on public land takes me 45 minutes to hike in, and once im in there its from dark to dark, i lay down a very heavy scent trail all the way in to cover myself and i use evercalm once i get to my stand site and i mean i use alot, pays to do some hiking for sure, those big boys will only tolerate pressure for so many days then they move deep.

Pabowbender

Awesome job Maxxis! I learned early on, when hunting Public land you HAVE TO get back in there! I go in almost a mile from the road where I hunt, not that that's a super long hike, but it's far enough back in that I almost never see other hunters, and I'm hunting relatively undisturbed deer. Again, you guys kick ass!