Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jakes plots

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Were going all out with our plots this year. They say diversity is key and I wanted to see how true it is.
Our beans and corn are doing great. This year were adding brassicas and forage oats. We planted the oats and brassicas last weekend, 8/6/16. Also added fertilizer. We seen it work well for the neighbors last year and with there help we did it this year.

Beans and corn
Bean corn plots.jpg

Brassica plot
Brassicas.jpg

Forage oats plot
Forage oats.jpg

Brassicas are fridge forest big and beasty. And whitetail institute oats that we will broadcast winter rye on in a month.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We're being forecasted for scattered storms all week into the weekend... I finally cut the grass yesterday just in case... Been almost a month since I've done that....

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
We planted Frigid Forage Big and Beasty last Wednesday and they were popping through the dirt Sunday. I have used them before with great success.

How many acres?

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
We planted Frigid Forage Big and Beasty last Wednesday and they were popping through the dirt Sunday. I have used them before with great success.

How many acres?

We have 1 acre of big n beasty. 7/8 acre of oats. 1.25 acres corn. 2.5 acres soybeans.

I was told we got 2.5" of hard rain yesterday. Hope the seed stayed put.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
My wife just sent me this from Hillsboro! That's enough to wash your seed away...holy shit.

Not sure why the pic didn't show up the first time?

Damn looks rough. Hope all is good