Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Health Insurance

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Was wondering who has Health Insurance that is not through their employer and if so with whom and the kind of coverage you may have along with just a "Ball Park" cost per month.

When I worked for Weatherford SLS I had unbelievable coverage, Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription and for my wife and I it was $190.00 a month and Weatherford paid just over $800.00.

With the Company I am with now for my wife and I JUST FOR HEALTH it will cost me $619.90 for the two of us!!! There has to be something out there that is more affordable.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Fuggggggg, 23 views and no replies. :tantrum: I am having a melt down trying to figure this out. I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but want to talk some hunting, fishing, plastics, geology I can run with that but insurance I am clueless and I beg for mercy. If anyone has some info I will be glad to PM and talk more.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I can check with my sister and BIL and see what they have. His employer opted out of carrying insurance. Said it was cheaper to pay the fine every year. Left all their employees to find their own coverage. They have one of the Obama specials and it isn't excepted at a lot of medical places including one of the neighboring County hospitals.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I can check with my sister and BIL and see what they have. His employer opted out of carrying insurance. Said it was cheaper to pay the fine every year. Left all their employees to find their own coverage. They have one of the Obama specials and it isn't excepted at a lot of medical places including one of the neighboring County hospitals.

Tanks Adam, let me know or PM my friend.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That one is my wife's department. She has always had it through her work. I don't even know what we pay to be honest.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Doesn't Laura have means of health coverage where she works?

Yeah, that -

I'll be talking to my son in law later today and ask him if he has any insight - last year he signed up for one of the Obamacare insurance options, and even though he's pretty conservative in his thinking and he was expecting a big hassle/fiasco, he said he was surprised at how easy it was to sign up and how it was more affordable than he'd anticipated.

Back when my dad fell ill and I had to move my folks from Adams County to Dayton so we could help them and he could be close to better care, I was surprised to learn how much better his insurance options were based on the county he lived in. Apparently rural folk get stroked because there's less density/concentration of care providers in the area. That might be something working against you, but I don't know. That was seven years ago and things may have changed.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We pay 1100+ per month. Our coverage is crap. Our deductible is high. I don't think I'm the one to be getting advice from. We have Anthem. Insurance is a scam...

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Doesn't Laura have means of health coverage where she works?

J and Dan.............No she does not have coverage because she is considered part time working 3 full days a week yet is salary getting paid 12 months a year. Not to get off the main topic here but her job last year was part time at a private school and they did not offer insurance either.

Dan, I will be interested to hear what you SIL has TOO say. This Sucks guys!!!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I guess i am fortunate,my wife is on my insurance through work and i pay nothing,i know one day this could all change though but feel very fortunate at this time..She can get insurance for both of us if it is ever needed through her work but would cost about 350 a month.