Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Metal roofs & hail damage

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My wife works for an insurance agent & today, as she was talking about work, ( I actually listened to her this time ) she was telling me that some insurance companies , now, will not cover these roofs if there is hail damage ... meaning dimples, dings, from a storm. They use to, she said, but are not now. If there is a tear, then there is coverage, but I'm talking about the dings. IF, she said, if one is fully covered & then the company changes their policy, then they're grandfathered in. I'm just curious if there are any here that have had these issues & what the outcome was.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't know. That bothers me. I have one metal roof. I am replacing two more roofs in the next month or two. They will be metal roofs. I will ask my insurance guy first. Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing it depends on the carrier. They are all a little different in what they cover. Might depend on level of insurance policy you have? Again, guessing.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Long time ago an insurance agent told me to go to the back pages of your policy. It's there that you find what is NOT covered.