Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ground hog radish

jlane

dunn nc
what do you guys think. Do you plant them and if so, does the deer seem to like them or not.
I have beans planted in a 3/4 acre plot,thinking about adding turnips, clover,and rye for fall and winter.
I was told that the radish is good for soil busting and soil build-up for next year.
Also got some pasture land i,m thinking about the radish on, i know the cows will probally distroy them but i have several nice bucks coming thru the area, just trying to slow them down and hold them in there as they are passing thru.
Any comments on the radish will be greatly appreaciated as most of you guys have great knowledge of what to plant and when.
Thanks in advance.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If you want a magazine cover food plot, the groundhog radishes from Merit Seed will provide that. However the deer on our farm didn't touch these. They were great for the soil and made impressive pictures, but it wasn't a huge draw for the deer.

I planted them last year for the first time and they got absolutely hammered. Barely touched the clover I had in same plot. I actually planted 2x as many this year because of how well the deer mowed them down. x2 on Merit Seed too. Great service, great seed, best prices around.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I planted that in 2011, so it possible they don't carry them any more. I also bought then at the D&T Expo, so could be they were just a show special.

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
Buckmaster, i planted the daikon radish here in Vt, i purchased the Slam dunk food plot seed from Antler King, this was loaded with radish and the deer here seem to like it very well late season.