Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Headed to Surgery

After not being able to hear out of my right ear for over five years I've decided to try to rectify the situation. I'm tired of not being able to hear a deer walking in the woods. Or always thinking a gobble comes from my left when it is actually to my right. I've finally learned to look in the opposite direction of where I think a sound comes from. Being in room with multiple people talking has been tough also. It is very hard to carry on conversations in those situations.

So in about two hours I'll have minor (so they say) surgery to rectify the problem. I'll either end up with just a drain tube or removing part of a bone in my inner ear. Soon I'll be like the Verizon guy. But, I'll be saying "I can hear you now, Mr. Buck".

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Glad to see you're in good humor about the situation Dick. We wish you the best with the operation. I can imagine a success would equate to some very welcome relief!

I'm back already. The procedure was a piece of cake. The pressure has subsided some, but hearing in the ear is no better just yet. Doc said give it a couple of days. All he did was insert the drain tube for now. He told me if part of the bone needs removed it is more involved surgery. I go back in a bout a month for a hearing test to see how things have progressed.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm back already. The procedure was a piece of cake. The pressure has subsided some, but hearing in the ear is no better just yet. Doc said give it a couple of days. All he did was insert the drain tube for now. He told me if part of the bone needs removed it is more involved surgery. I go back in a bout a month for a hearing test to see how things have progressed.

I always like the less evasive approach, here's hoping good results on the follow up Dick...