Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mingo Sportsman Club loss

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey guys, I wanted to pass along some sad news. On Sunday evening my cousin, Don Scott, died of a sudden heart attack. Those of you who attended this year's gathering may remember him. He pulled up in the tractor one day and hung around as we shot trap on Saturday. He also visited camp with his wife Friday evening.

Don was the type of guy who always wanted to lend a helping hand and he was a key component to helping me organize our event from behind the scenes. To say he will be missed is an understatement. He was 60 years old and leaves behind his wife of 35 years, two kids, and three granddaughters.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sorry to hear this, Mike. My thoughts are with your family. He came across as a real nice guy when he stopped at the outing.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Saddened to read of this Mike.
My sincere condolences to his family as well as the club.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Damn It! I stood and talked to them for a long time. They left and he came back on the tractor the next day while I was doing burgers. He said he'd come back for a burger if he got done in time. Hell of a nice guy Mike and I send prayers to the whole family. That is a real shame.