Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Night Vision Monocular link

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
At the TOO outing last weekend I showed a bunch of guys my Night Vision Monocular.
Everyone seemed really excited about it, and a few guys asked me to post a link to Amazon.
When I bought it in May, it was $114, now it's $149. But even that seems to be a bargain price.

To watch your property, to watch deer and game, and in case of SHTF, I think every man should have one.
And this one, while at the low end of the price gamut and only being a Gen1 unit, gets the job done.

This unit gets you in the game, and if you decide to upgrade, then you'll have two.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FWG9LNY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Ya. Follow up to this thread.

For some time now, I have fancied the idea that having even a entry level/ Generation I type, night viewing devise. It would be useful. and a cool toy.
If you live in the country, you have got to get one. Really.

After handling Dan's at last years outing, I started throwing paper change into a can. Well it came today.
The Firefield Nightfall 2- 5 x 50
It's perfect for my property. Looking at the lake in the dark from 50 yards away is a large black patch. With this monocular, I can clearly see 2 dozen geese sitting on the water. The IR light easily reached out 80 yards to a tree line. I haven't tried looking further. Its light and simple to set-up. To look at the house next door in the dark 50-60 ish + yards away with no lights is nothing but shadows. Looking at it again with the IR light on and you could easily see a coon, yote or bad guy moving around the outside edges of his house.

The view is just fine if you consider its generation I. I'm quite satisfied.

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

Last edited:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I had a chance to play with some of the newest white phosphorus ones on my govt camping trip...they blow the green ones away. But at a 10k+ price tag i would hope so.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Very cool Hedgelj. I'm sure the difference is "night/day"

J- I paid at the high end of Dan's price range. $149.00 (free shipping...)
Still, looking at the price range they go for and a few reviews, it's still a deal considering I have never had or used one before. :smiley_beard:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sweet! I could be wrong but it seems like these were around a grand or more when they first came out. Sometimes technological advances are good for the consumers.