Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ricers 2016 TC Pics and Huntin Haps and Mishaps

Ricer2231

I got my first card pull this year from my Trophy Rock mineral site and a cam I have on a big time rub/scrape line. Got a couple good prospects with some good growth for July. Image1468180478.004600.jpgIMG_0180.JPGIMG_0179.JPGIMG_0178.JPGIMG_0177.JPGImage1468180478.004600.jpgIMG_0173.JPG

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Starting of with some good ones as well... Is the young man coming down again this year for some deer hunting ?

Ricer2231

Starting of with some good ones as well... Is the young man coming down again this year for some deer hunting ?

Gunner won't be down this year. I'm just not gonna have the time to set it all up this year. I will be missing him when it comes tree time for sure. He is a great kid.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Gunner won't be down this year. I'm just not gonna have the time to set it all up this year. I will be missing him when it comes tree time for sure. He is a great kid.

Was looking forward to seeing him in a tree next to you.... Hopefully he'll be back soon to enjoy what Ohio has to offer....

Ricer2231

Was looking forward to seeing him in a tree next to you.... Hopefully he'll be back soon to enjoy what Ohio has to offer....

I will miss him for sure! Hopefully I will be able to get him back down here next year. He truly loves being here and huntin Ohio whitetails.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Great pics. Nice to see that the trophy rock actually works. I put the granular form of it out yesterday and set my cam over it. I've never used minerals before and wasn't really sure what to expect so hopefully it draws them like it is for you. Thanks for sharing

Ricer2231

Great pics. Nice to see that the trophy rock actually works. I put the granular form of it out yesterday and set my cam over it. I've never used minerals before and wasn't really sure what to expect so hopefully it draws them like it is for you. Thanks for sharing

Thanks. I love the Trophy Rock 465/Trophy Rock combination. Boarhead got me started on it a couple years ago and they love it. A little tip, work the ground up a little and work the granular in and it will last a lot longer and keep them coming to it and digging for it. Here's a pic of the site when I put the mineral out three weeks ago. This is the second year for this site and they are making a pit. Lol.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Wow! Thanks for the tip. I removed all the leaves and debris and dumped it on the bare dirt as I didn't have anything with me to work it in but I'll definitely do that when I go to refresh it. I was trying to get out of the woods without donating too much blood to the local mosquito Red Cross chapter 😂

Isaacorps

Columbus
Wasn't sure where else to post it but I started a thread under the product reviews about some good deals on Amazon today if anyone wants to check it out

Ricer2231

Well we finally got our house sold, bought our new to is home, and are completely moved in. Wow, I never want to do that again. I pulled my cards yesterday and was pretty happy with the pull. I have a he camera on a trophy rock site.
IMG_3818.jpgIMG_3826.jpgIMG_3827.jpgIMG_3816.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3817.JPG
    IMG_3817.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 156
Last edited: