Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Introducing Slick

Jamie

Ohio
IMG_0554.jpgIMG_0533.jpg

after much consideration, deliberation and aggravation, we pared the list of names to two, Duncan and Zeke. after polling friends and family, no clear favorite emerged. after spending 30 minutes with this dog, it was obvious that he was neither Duncan nor Zeke, anyway. much ado about nothing. as usual, the right name came along when I finally let it. Lefty and Slick, instant BFF's.

7-4-16 2.jpg7-4-16.jpg1.jpg

Lefty never ceases to amaze me. I'm beginning to feel bad about underestimating him so often. I really thought he would be jealous and a butthole about bringing a new dog into the fold here, but I could not have been more wrong. He took to this new pup like they were old buddies. playing with him, leading him around the yard, even laying down next to the crate while Slick took his first nap here with his new pack. this is gonna be a breeze. well, sort of...lol.

IMG_0563.jpg

this little shithead already causing trouble and he hasn't even been here and hour yet! he's very inquisitive, fearless, following his nose around, already following me very well and not fighting the lead too badly. Lefty was the easiest dog to train that we've ever had, and this one is acting just like Lefty did when I first brought him home. and so it begins again. sure is easy to love them.

IMG_0565.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good looking pup Jamie... Glad to see lefty still surprising you lol... Looking forward too your updates...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The last pic of Slick napping in his crate brings a big smile to my face. I'm a softy for puppies and babies/toddlers. They are just plain cute.

Jamie

Ohio
thanks fellas. Slick has no aversion to his crate whatsoever, did not make a peep all night. I mean not a sound after the lights went off until it had just stared to get light this morning. a little whimper, and I let him out of his crate, he followed Lefty and me right out the door into the yard where he promptly peed. 8 weeks old this Friday. his circadian rhythms are very solid, and he is eager to get outside to do his business. so far, this is too easy.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Loved reading this new thread! Like Phil, all the pics made me smile! Great stuff Jamie, you and your soul mate have two great BFF's now!!!

Jamie

Ohio
I'm a softie for puppies, too. some guys can treat their dogs like livestock, but I'm not one of them. more than anything else, dogs, especially puppies, need love and attention and to feel secure and safe. this is the natural first step toward a bond based on respect and trust. it's impossible to give a puppy too much love. so long as that is tempered with proper discipline and a good daily routine. it's easy to forget that we are the center of their universe.