Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New leather belt

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Last week while I was at work I realized my belt buckle had broken on one part. I went back to my desk and started looking for belts. I found this company on Amazon. American Leather Belt Company. They had exactly what I was looking for but I couldn't find a website for them. So I clicked on "Contact Seller" and asked a few questions. That guy answered back w/I 35 minutes. This was around 7 in the morning. Come to find out they are revamping their website so everything goes thru amazon and Etsy (AmericanLeatherBelt). And they are local, located in Akron. The belt is made out of a fine American Cowhide that was tanned in the Bridal Tanning Process. It has just the right amount of waxes and oils to make a long lasting strap for your belt. He added an additional gift from the remainder of that strap "cut off the hide". Not 20 minutes after I placed the order I was in the bathroom about to take a shit and my buckle completely fell off. So I went to the Machine Shop Supervisor and had him tack weld it back into place. It worked out fine. Friday the belt arrived. This thing is great. Ill be ordering a couple more from him. EXCELLENT customer service and a lifetime warranty. Its very sturdy and is made to order. I placed my order on Wednesday and had it on Friday. I would highly recommend them if you are in the market.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AmericanLeatherBelt?ref=search_shop_redirect

https://www.amazon.com/handmade/AmericanLeatherBelt?ref=hnd_dp_smp

This is what my belt looked like after it was Tack Welded back together

20160622_174936.jpg

This is what the new belt looked like right out of the box. He sent 2 buckles with it. He also used the leftover leather to make a Key Ring. Very impressed with this company.

20160624_152838.jpg

Reactions: finelyshedded

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice looking belt. Good timing. I am due for a new one. Thanks.

I like the tack weld. Way to get creative. Cracked me up reading it too.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sweet stuff bud I like the tack job on that buckle. Lol.

Every man owns it to himself to own a couple quality leather belts. At least one in brown and another in black.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Sweet stuff bud I like the tack job on that buckle. Lol.

Every man owns it to himself to own a couple quality leather belts. At least one in brown and another in black.

Ill be ordering an extra brown one so I don't have to keep switching belts when I put my shorts on after work, plus Ill order a black one as well.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Any belts that are being ordered by members going to Mingo should be ordered one size larger.

LOL I agree. He makes it easy tho. The belt has 7 holes. The center hole is measured out to your pant size. That way you can tighten and loosen as needed.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
The belt has 7 holes. The center hole is measured out to your pant size. That way you can tighten and loosen as needed. The fit for me was perfect