Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

new kid on the block

Jamie

Ohio
5 weeks, already weaned. probably bring him home in a week or two. pretty excited. they call this the "blue" color phase, and it is fairly rare, but demonstrates the Weimaraner in this line of Mt. Curs. won't name him until we spend some time together, but I have a few in mind. Atticus, Cobalt, Duncan(cause he looks like somebody been dunkin' his feet in paint).

the one.jpg

Lefty at 6 weeks
Lefty.jpg

Good looking cur pup Jamie. I look forward to moving back ton a state that has good squirrel hunting. I'd go with Duncan for a name. Is lefty his sire or is he from a completely different line of Mt curs?

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
J, I figure this will be harder on Lefty, having to share some of the attention with new dog, but he'll get over it. will be an adjustment for all of us. as far as hunting goes, I probably will not hunt them together this season. young dog needs to work alone until he finds his groove. ideally, squirrel dogs do their own thing in the woods, which is what I want. nobody wants a "me too" dog. I probably won't take the pup out hunting until late in the season, but I'll play that by ear. see how he comes along in the meantime with his training.

thanks, Giles. we'll have some big fun whenever I make it down there.