Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cheap drag for plot ideas

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Ok all so I screw around and plant some plots in my back yard. I enjoy watching deer, shooting a doe, and experimenting with working the ground.

I made a makeshift seed drag but I need suggestions on clamps to hold things down.

I used old piece of 14gage wire fence a few old 2x6 ramps and 3 meta poles that hold it flat. I want to singe down everything as well as a few old bricks to add weight. Maybe tires.

Any idea on what I can use? Tried zip ties for a trial run and they did work but I know they won't last very long.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'd go with tires instead of bricks, that way you won't have to worry about the bricks falling apart, tires will last forever. You could chain or rope the tires together. I see guys using 2×4's on the top and bottom of the fence and securing the tires to that, just use a hole bit and put some holes in the wood and secure all the connected tires there.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Not sure if I'm picturing what you want to do correctly. But what I think you want to do is fasten the fence to poles and ramps, correct? Would geared hose clamps work?