Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's a Boy!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Lord willing at the end of this September my wife and I will welcome our first child into this world. So far everything looks very good. Testing and scans have all come back great, blood work is good, and momma is having a fairly easy pregnancy so far outside of the normal annoyances. I got to feel him kick for the first time yesterday. She was up early yesterday but came to wake me up and said she could feel him with her hand now. She put my hand in the right spot and pushed on the side of her belly and he instantly kicked the ever loving crap out of her. It wasn't a push but a hard thud. I laughed and said it seems like he's an asshole just like his dad.

I'm over the moon excited about it and could have cared less if it was a boy or a girl as long as it's healthy and happy. Both have their positives and challenges and either is a blessing.

Being our first it's a little overwhelming to think about all the stuff that needs done. Daycare walk throughs, hospital pre visit , some classes so we don't go in totally blind, etc. We're not worriers or panic people and tend to take challenges head on but it's a big list. Guess I better get used to the running for at least the next 18 years though. Lol.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
What an exciting time for you both!
Your life, as you know it, will be changed forever with the birth of a child!
Not much better in life.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Baby coonass.... I can see it now.. Better save bail money and snuffrotflmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Baby coonass.... I can see it now.. Better save bail money and snuffrotflmao

I've already told the wife we're gonna need a lawyer on retainer. The shit I've had to deal with in the school system for Travis is unreal. If I was the parent I would have been removed in handcuffs. A recent incident was he wore a shirt with a deer on it and a smoking shell that said "smoke em". A teacher told him he had to turn it inside out because it promoted drug use. His mom spoke with the principal and he said the teacher should have looked up the usage of the phrase before talking to Travis, but he didn't apologize or say that Travis could wear the shirt. If he was my kid I would have bought him a dozen of the shirts and told him to hand that teacher my attorney's card and tell her to call that number if she had a problem.

Another instance he was told he had to untuck his shirt because of a rebel flag belt buckle. I called and argued that they don't get to pick and choose what the symbol means just because some racists use it. They tried to say it wasn't about the meaning of the flag but rather it was gang related because a group of kids in a nearby school was using it to identify themselves. So I bought him a Mississippi state flag belt buckle. The teacher tried to day he couldn't wear it because he was in ohio not Mississippi. I called and told them I wasn't aware this was the former Soviet Union and he would stop wearing it as soon as they removed all Mississippi state flags from the lunchroom and classrooms and then expect a call from the ACLU.. He wears it to this day.

One thing I will teach my kids is adults are not always right. Some of them are just dumb asses and you need to stick up for yourself. And if you're right, I'll stand behind you no matter the cost, but if you're wrong or just being an asshole I'll hang your ass out to dry.

Blan37

SW Ohio
meme2.jpg

Seriously - congratulations. They are definitely blessings (most of the time lol)