Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2016 Phil's pics

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
TOO early to get overly excited. These two should be decent. Shooters? Don't know. It is June 5. Nice enough to make me smile and share them.

EK000124.jpgEK000254.jpgEK000256.jpgEK000258.jpg

This was the highlight to my card pull. One other highlight was chatting with Curran on the phone while pulling cards. Downside was when my UTV steering decided to lock up. I had to abandon the vehicle and call my wife to rescue me with a ride home. I get to look forward to an UTV recovery mission one evening this week. Not cool. Knowing these two bucks are running around helps though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff Phil!! Hope the UTV recovery goes smoothly and the repair is an easy one.

Recovery might suck. Repair will only be as hard as writing the check. I don't have time to screw with it right now. lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not fun. Got a quad, tow strap, empty trailer, some partial sheets of plywood, a floor jack, and a 12yr old. With the wheels locked to the side all I could do was pull it up on the trailer, lift the front with floor jack to shift front end back to the side, repeat until it was all the way on the trailer.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Not fun. Got a quad, tow strap, empty trailer, some partial sheets of plywood, a floor jack, and a 12yr old. With the wheels locked to the side all I could do was pull it up on the trailer, lift the front with floor jack to shift front end back to the side, repeat until it was all the way on the trailer.
Is it fixed yet Phil? What was the problem?

Nice bucks too!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is fixed. Dealer had never seen one lock up like that. Rack and pinion simply locked up. In the process, one of the CV shafts spit out a bearing. All better now.