Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sticky Holsters

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A co-worker who's ex military and carry's a lot suggested I check out this brand of holster for my S&W Shield. He said they're pretty new and he absolutely loves his! Very lightweight(3oz) and very comfortable. The fabric sticks to your clothes and makes reaching for your weapon almost effortless.

Anyone else but one yet?

http://stickyholsters.com/holsters-by-brand/

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have one for my Kahr CW380 and absolutely love it. Stays put just as the company says. I like it so much I've been meaning to but one for my Shield as well.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Bought one for my wife. She liked it but the instructors at the course she took were less than thrilled with it. It doesn't seem to have much retention to it, which could catch the trigger when re-holstering. We sent hers back, went with Kydex

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bought one for my wife. She liked it but the instructors at the course she took were less than thrilled with it. It doesn't seem to have much retention to it, which could catch the trigger when re-holstering. We sent hers back, went with Kydex
Retention with this holster is all based on friction. If your waistband isn't tight enough, retention will be poor. As far as reholstering goes, you really shouldn't attempt it with the Sticky holster still in your waistband or pocket... The only safe way to do it is to actually pull the holster out of wherever you have it, slide the gun in, then tuck the whole shebang back where you want it. In that regard it isn't as convenient as kydex, but then again, you shouldn't have to draw and reholster your firearm very often anyway.

The only reason I've been kind of hesitant to order one for my Shield is that I don't think the Sticky holster would be "heavy gun friendly." It works great with a pocket pistol, but something tells me any gun with some beef to it might not be as enjoyable in this holster. Whether the Shield is too heavy or not I don't know. But for only 25 bucks, I think it's worth a try.

Last edited:

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Retention with this holster is all based on friction. If your waistband isn't tight enough, retention will be poor. As far as reholstering goes, you really shouldn't attempt it with the Sticky holster still in your waistband or pocket... The only safe way to do it is to actually pull the holster out of wherever you have it, slide the gun in, then tuck the whole shebang back where you want it. In that regard it isn't as convenient as kydex, but then again, you shouldn't have to draw and reholster your firearm very often anyway.

Agreed, except when you are in a training course.