Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

bummer

at1010

*Supporting Member*
well I got a brand new kubota bx23

I was mowing tonight and somehow managed to hit a rock, blades are now hitting the deck on the one side. I guess Ill see how good the insurance is that I get with this tractor is, its supposed to cover everything.

I had got a few trees removed and the guys must have uprooted a rock when they did it. I never saw that rock there before and haven't hit it all the times I have mowed. Today was the day.

I could break a sponge I swear! Ok sorry had to vent!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You and 5Cent have something in common now.... Bigslam ran over the dogs cable and wrapped his up as well... Shit happens...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yea if not its just a bent blade. I could take deck off and replace the one blade and its be fine but the sales guy said the insurance is great and warranty covers all so I'll see what happens.

This is why you shouldn't rush when trying to get shit done. I was already rushing to get the tiller off it then rushing to get the yard mowed and fugged up.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Ya. New mowers always seem to find things the old one's missed.

That sucks.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That sucks Al! Seems a few of us have had mower issues the last few days! We had a new neighbor move in on Sunday, haven't met him yet. When I hit the dog cable I let out a really loud "fuck" lol, wonder if he heard it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'd be surprised if the warranty covers it. Same with picking up a nail in a tire. Somethings are not the manufacturer's fault. Good luck Al.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I'd be surprised if the warranty covers it. Same with picking up a nail in a tire. Somethings are not the manufacturer's fault. Good luck Al.

You're right. We will see. Supposedly sales guy said he's newer seed something not covered by it.

I'm just happy I didn't tear up the pto. It seems to be just a bent blade from what I can tell as it all will still spin but just hitting deck in one area. I'll have to see what they say I guess