Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Garage sale sucess stories !

antiqucycle

East Ohio
I would like to hear anybody scoring a "treasure" at recent garage sales or flea markets. This weekend was somewhat ok. Got two sets of RCBS dies, like new, 30/40 Krag and 35 Rem for $25, that's $12.50 each instead of $35 each at the Fin. Also a SKB heavily padded shotgun case(nylon) with room for the stock, the forearm and a barrel up to 34" inches. Paid $15 was surprised to see them on ebay at $77-85.

One deal I skipped was an 870 Wingmaster for $25. the stock was hacked, no barrel, no bolt and would need a parkerized finish redo. the magazine tube looked like a 16 gauge shell would fit. without the barrel or bolt, could not tell what gauge it was.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Porter (old, good stuff) dual tank compressor for $10. Bosch 10" Mitre for $20. Onkyo surround system ($1000 system) for $50. Too much to list really.

I love garage sales!

Bigcountry40

I bought a torpedo garage heater with a bad cord for $10 ($150 new), went home changed the cord works perfect, ready to drink beer in the garage all winter!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My best garage sale find was a 120 qt cooler (white, marine). I only paid $3 for it. All it needed was two new hinges.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
$200 keurig for 5 bucks. The only thing wrong was the output needle was plugged with coffee. Pushed a paper clip in the outlet to clear it and wala. Still don't use it though and need to resell it.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Prince William might be rich and married to beautiful Kate but I feel sorry for him because he'll NEVER know the joy of a great find at a garage or estate sale. Poor sap.

Buckmaster

Portage
Holy shit that's a lot of shit! SHIT! :pickle:

I purged....kid no longer play with toys. They're into Sports now. For my stuff...if I haven't touched it or used it in the last 12 months....GONE!

What I didn't sell was donated to our local school PTO rummage sale. I now have a clean basement.

Off to buy some home gym equipment so Boy and I can work out in our clean basement.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I purged....kid no longer play with toys. They're into Sports now. For my stuff...if I haven't touched it or used it in the last 12 months....GONE!

What I didn't sell was donated to our local school PTO rummage sale. I now have a clean basement.

Off to buy some home gym equipment so Boy and I can work out in our clean basement.

Going to a garage sale to buy the gym equipment Ben???

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Getting legitimate access to people's garages results on rare occasions. a chance
to spot antique motorcycles I might be interested in at the right price. I did find a early 70's 450 honda this saturday but it was in horrible condition. a rusty wreck.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Havent hit any this year yet. At one sale maybe 15 years ago I bought a Remington model 17 in 20 gauge and a winchester model 12/12 from 1947 for $100 a piece. Sold them at the Coon Dog trials for over $500 a few weeks later.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Yard sale tip...

If your having one make sure to set the guy stuff out front. Your bound to get the guys asking if you have any guns/knives to sell. This is when you get rid of your shit guns for prime money. Sold many $50-$75 milsurps or .22's for good money.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yard sale tip...

If your having one make sure to set the guy stuff out front. Your bound to get the guys asking if you have any guns/knives to sell. This is when you get rid of your shit guns for prime money. Sold many $50-$75 milsurps or .22's for good money.

The problem around here is nobody has a job so garage sales are Friday and Saturday. By the time Saturday rolls around the good stuff has been picked over.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Our whole community does them on Memorial and Labor day. Some pretty good stuff sometimes.

One year we made $1300. Had some big items though. Sunbury used to be known for antiques.