Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Angel's 2016 TC thread

angelzd28

I might as well start this thread. I checked my TC at my FIL where the big 8 eluded me last year, and lo and behold he made it thru the season and has already started exploding in growth. I know every deer is different in growth rate, but this deer is way ahead compared to other bucks I have on camera. This photo was taken on May 11th. I know its early, but this deer has got me all kinds of excited!

20160516_193435.jpg

big 8-2015.jpg
Here he is last year, August 2015

angelzd28

The big 8 hasn't showed up but a couple other potential shooters are hanging around. The first one has a narly kicker coming off his leftside main beam towards his eye. Def a couple to keep an eye on the rest of the summer and see if they turn into shooters, or if I should let'em go and grow.

WGI_0109.jpgWGI_0106.jpgWGI_0226.jpgWGI_0227.jpg

angelzd28

Had a good weekend scouting and checking cams. Although the big 8 has fallen off the map, I had some new bucks show up, which is nice. Also hung a new Stealth cam at a new property, and glassed a stud .5 miles from our hunting property in the farmers been field. All in all a great weekend.

wide.jpgwide1.jpgwide2.jpg
This is a new buck, with some real width, just not real tall, as is I think he will get a pass if he should happen to wander by.

8point.jpgthree.jpgyoung.jpg
Some other young bucks with potential.

Digital.jpgDigital1.jpg
I watched this buck for 45 minutes with 4 other smaller bucks in the neighbors been field. This pic doesn't do him justice, at least a 10 point with some real good mass. Hopefully he meanders over my way during the season!

angelzd28

More long range scouting this weekend. Spotted this guy in the same neighbors field coming out of the exact same patch as the big one. This deer while not real wide, had some impressive G2's from my binos. Is it Bow season yet!?!?

20160806_222757.jpg20160806_222851.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's gotta have you pumped for this season! You've got some great looking deer to hunt this season! Good luck and thanks for sharing!