Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Come bid...Warsaw OH

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It is truly a great property. But at a value of almost $1.4M it is above my pay grade.

It produces great oil/gas when running. Of course, that revenue has slowed the last year.

angelzd28

Sucks you have to auction it off, but I kid you not I was just on Kaufmans site looking at this propery not 15 minutes ago! Had no clue it was part of the family. Of course I cant afford it but its nice to browse and see what's out there.

Bigcountry40

It is truly a great property. But at a value of almost $1.4M it is above my pay grade.

It produces great oil/gas when running. Of course, that revenue has slowed the last year.

I wonder what will happen to the value to these properties if Hillary wins and the democrats win back the senate and fracking/oil is made illegal (or bascially illegal)?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Ours is not fracking based. Old school drilled wells. The boom for fracking has already pretty much disappeared with the drop in pricing.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I agree with Jesse, plus they're one of the few that can afford it as well! Sorry to hear it's going up for auction Chaz! Hey, do you have any hunting or childhood memories of this farm you'd like to share? Love to read em!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
None. This is on my wife's side. I have had permission the last ten years to hunt it and never really took a vantage besides a few quick hunts. I always felt out of place about it. If I were to hunt it then I would need to stay the night/weekend. Her Grandma would feel the need to take care of me the whole time.

Also, they weren't big fans of hunting.

Just a weird situation. I loved them, they loved me but I always felt like I was imposing. They were also very anal and high expectations of everyone else. More of a campfire conversation.

Simply put things changed attitude wise as they aged.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
All that said above and the biggest hindrance was distance. If it were closer I would have hunted it more. It is LOADED with deer and turkey (Central OH hunter perspective). 1:20 each way.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
One of those properties I look at and dream about. I don't see me ever being able to afford such a beautiful piece of property. It looks really nice Charles. Hope it brings strong money for the family.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Charles, I would have felt the same way probably but would have to have checked it out and maybe just bowhunted it if that made them more comfortable. Looks like a beautiful farm buddy!

Hope the sale is a huge success!