Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1978 Sears Suburban GT18

OhioHunter88

Perry County
So I picked up this rad, 1978 Sears garden tractor this weekend. Picked it up around LaGrange Ohio.. bout a 3 hour trip one way, I think it's bada $$ but everyone else just laughs at me so I figured if there is one place other people will get me it's gotta be here!

Anyway it's a little rusty but runs like awesome. 18hp 6 gears, has an electric 3point hitch and I got the mower deck, snow blade, single bottom plow, disk, aerator, and cultivator with it,all for less than 1k!!!!

Here is a picture (my girlfriend thinks it's a pile)

I bought this for going back into the woods deeper and with the idea to do plots for other people now that I have a very small tractor (this one) and two more than are medium and big, but I figured why not go ahead and play around with it on the plot I'm getting ready to plant if we can stop getting rain!

So here is it what the plot looked like, sure I can get the big tractor in this one and be done pretty quick but that wouldn't be any fun nor would I get to play around with my new gem! so I left the deck lifted up and mowed er all down.

Next I went over the whole plot with the single bottom plow, now I'll be able to disk and get it planted. Hope you guys dig it as much as I do!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
that is badass it worked that ground up that well. Plot looks like a great spot too!

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Hell yeah. Great buy, dude. I miss my old one i cant remeber what mine was called but it was like one in forrest gump movie of tom hank mowing the field. It worked really well. Not sure what i did with it.