Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

help trying to register my turkey

killbucks22

nw ohio
Hi guys I'm new to this site and hopefully I'm doing this right. I shot a turkey and did all the calculations on nwtf website to see where it'd rank. I'd like to register my bird but I can't get any response or call backs from anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I have one registered that I killed last year and I'm about to resister another one. First question is are you a member of the NWTF? Also what are the measurements and weight of your bird?

killbucks22

nw ohio
No I'm not a member but was gonna join so I could register it. It has a 11 1/2" beard with both spurs being 1 3/8" and just under 24lbs. From what I came up with on there website it ranks 22nd

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
No I'm not a member but was gonna join so I could register it. It has a 11 1/2" beard with both spurs being 1 3/8" and just under 24lbs. From what I came up with on there website it ranks 22nd
Were you the one that asked about it on one of the outdoor Facebook pages? Anyways, you'll need to join the NWTF. You'll also need to get your bird weighed on a scale that's certified by the Dept of agriculture since it weighs over 22 pounds and you have to provide a weight coupon or signed document stating it's weight. Most hardware stores and grocery stores have certified scales. I took the bird I killed yesterday into the local meat shop and they let me weigh it there, and the owner wrote down the weight and signed it on a receipt with the businesses name on it. Really all you have to do besides getting the weight recorded is become a member, send in the turkey record form with $15, and that's it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Do you plan on getting it mounted? I forgot that you'll need a witness, and that witness that signs the record form needs to be a member of the NWTF. What county are you from?

killbucks22

nw ohio
No I might be the only person without facebook! I'm planning on getting it mounted but not sure yet. I live in van wert but shot it in Allen County