Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2016 Turkey

This tom walked out into the field at 60ish yards with a hen that drew him away from my ground blind, decoys and ignored my hen yelps. :smiley_chinrub: Nuts! I sat there, watching and waiting...for 2 1/2 hours. At one point the pair were around 170 yards away.

Then the hen starts walking along the river, back towards me...with her boyfriend in tow. :smiley_bril:
She walked past my ground blind at 8 yards, while the tom looked a little apprehensive of the decoys, this "love sick" tom followed her into my Mossberg 500 Turkey Special sights. I squeezed the trigger at 22 yards and he went down like a plate target. :smiley_dead:

Sometimes a plan comes together, falls apart and love heals all wounds...or in this case creates one!
Bowhunter57

teej89

NE PA
That's awesome, congrats!!!

I was like damn that sucks, typical women screwing things up then i kept reading and saw you got em! lol

I forgot to mention it had an 8" beard and one spur was 3/4" and the other one was 5/8" long. I didn't weigh him, but it felt over 20 lbs. He's in the freezer awaiting his turn in the oven. :smiley_cook:

Added Edit:
I was using my new Nikon 610 with a 60x zoom lens. These birds were about 80+ yards away, when I started taking photos.

Last edited: