Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Travis Scores!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We took Travis out both days of youth and he passed on two jakes that were on this property. There was a third bird that hung back that I was convinced was a tom. We finally got a chance to get back out there. As the sun rose only one bird was roost gobbling and it was one of this jakes. He pitched the opposite way and we had to make a move. We got setup and they were already with hens and wouldn't work. As I looked them over I realized all three were jakes. I asked Travis if he wanted to bust one and he found a hole in the brush. With the humidity in the air I could see the shot column fly through the air like a laser beam. The 3.5 hevi magnum blend hit that bird like a city bus and steamrolled him.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461422831.485032.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461422850.532511.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats Travis and crew! Gotta love the "Team Travis" pic with Alex sporting the belt over his shoulder. You guys crack me up.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You guys crack me up!!!! Congrats Travis for getting it done, too Joe and Alex.... You guys are a train wreck lmao.... Awesome job guys, you did a hell of a job for the youngin.....