Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alive - History Channel

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Anyone else watching? Anyone else think real hard on how much fun/crazy that would be?

Id like to think I could survive outside of the bears and cougars, 99% sure that wouldnt be true but damn it would be fun to try.

#1 issue would be leaving wife and boys.
#2 simply i am no longer on top of the foodchain

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
If you missed the 1st season last year, you owe it to yourself to watch it. The winner definitely earned it and went about bat shit crazy at times.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
i dont think it was a good idea to try to look for the show while you're drunk, lol. Closed my one eyes and leave the other open but too damn blurry....passed out drunk after trying to look for it. I'll check tonight while im sober.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I love the show. I like to think I could do it, but realistically I wouldn't last at this point. In a few years, once my kids abandon the nest, I'm pretty sure I could stay there until the bitter end! :)

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Love that show along with Life Below Zero, Deadliest Catch, Alaskan Bush People, Alaskan State Troupers and several other shows like those.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
They say its being alone that gets to a lot of em. I don't think that would do me in. Injury maybe. Bad run of lock right off the bat maybe, but not the solitude.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Never seen it as I don't really watch reality shows but who films them? Are they really alone??? No camera crews covering them????

loose_is_fast

McClure
Yes they are really alone, they get a satellite phone to call when they have had enough. They are dropped off on Vancouver island and can have two tarps and ten items to survive on. There are 10 people dropped off at different locations and zero communication. The tricky thing is you are not notified when people drop out. So you have no idea if you are one of two left or one of ten. There is no time limit and no one with you. It is all self filmed. Last year the guy who won had no idea he won when the producer showed up with a doctor for a "wellness check". They brought his wife with them and they surprised him with her as a bonus.

Blan37

SW Ohio
Well crap. I'm officially addicted. Full episodes available on history.com - been watching it since I found this thread, up to episode 4 now lol.