Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Our Moms paintings

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ever since our Dad passed back in 2011 our Mom has been trying to stay busy. Painting has always been something she loved doing so for the past 4 years or so she's been going to these painting seminars in WV(High Hill or something like that) and NC(Cherokee). She's has really been enjoying learning throughout this process and getting better. We're both very proud of her and happy to see her doing so well!

Here are 4 she did the last 4 days down in NC.

First day

Second day

Third day

Fourth day

I really like the last one!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Damn those are awesome, that's some serious talent there! When are you going to have her paint you a picture of the Great 8?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those are excellent. Hopefully they become heirlooms appreciated for many generations. Priceless keepsakes.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
She has attention to detail is what jumps out at me when I see these. My grandmother was an artist and your moms paintings make hers look like a beginners. Your house will be full of these in no time, you and Ron have a very talented artist for a mom.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys!!! We already have about 8 at our place and they will be passed down!

That's a great idea Chad! I like to have her paint something with our deer. Maybe one with Karissa and her first one! Now my wheels are turnin'! Lol

Fixed it Chad! Lol

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks guys!!! We already have about 8 at our place and they will be passed down!

That's a great idea Chad! I like to have her paint something with out deer. Maybe one with Karissa and her first one! Now my wheels are turnin'! Lol
Did you just say "with out deer"?

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Wow, those are awesome, God Bless your Mom. Thanks for sharing.

As a footnote I have a hard enough time painting a wall, lol.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
She is awesome! Having a painting of your daughter with her first deer painted by your mother would be fantastic!