Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 1

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Checking in. Good luck guys. I'll do what I can. With one jake under my belt. . . .Not making any promises.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Really looking forward to the season. I will get us on the board Saturday morning with youth points as Layla will be crossbow hunting. Good luck boys.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Way to get us started Mr Jesse! Tried to roost birds the last 2 nights with no luck. Going in the morning. Putting myself in known strut areas, known roostyish areas, and going to try to imitate horny hen sounds. Lmao

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Way to get us started Mr Jesse! Tried to roost birds the last 2 nights with no luck. Going in the morning. Putting myself in known strut areas, known roostyish areas, and going to try to imitate horny hen sounds. Lmao
Roostyish areas, I like it! Good luck, Phil!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck gents. Decoys out. Moon so bright I needed sunglasses walking in. Tucked into a nice cove of cover. Sun is showing first signs of glimpsing over edge of horizon. Just a gorgeous morning. Hope you all have great encounters today.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Freaking sight is gone from my Mossturd Grand Slam Turkey Special. I don't trust it just guessing where I should be aiming. Pulled my O/U out and fired 2 shots tonight at 830-845 with my headlights on target. Why the rush? Well, I actually managed to roost a couple birds tonight ON property I CAN hunt! Woohoo!

Here are the full and INT groups. I think they'll do.

Funny thing here. I have never fired this gun. Had it setup with gun sock to use for turkeys when I bought the Mossturd. Mossturd is shorter, better suited ergonomically, and shot well. Therefore I never ended up shooting the O/U. I have been saving the OU for a rainy day and my day has come. Never thought about the ported barrel. When I fired the first shot, the ports blasted the gun sock to smithereens. Lmao

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Good stuff Phil. I tried all weekend to get my dad a bird. Had one bust him at 8 yards cresting a roll of a hill and dad was aiming down the road when he popped his head out from the brush. He did all he could to keep from coming over to us but managed to pop his head up just enough to see dad. I swear, at 8 yards even if you don't move and aren't hid good enough they can see ya. To add insult to injury pretty much the same scenario played out Sunday. Both times it occurred on the same property in the last 15 minutes of legal time. I am back at it before school until I have to rush home at 8am.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck Marcus. I just got back from parking lot sweeper truck mechanic duties. Alarm is set to go off in 4hrs. Guess we will see if I hit the snooze or hit the woods. Something tells me I hit the alarm. Been a long few days.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well dudes, I am off to try to get our team some points. I don't give two shits about turkeys, but dang it if I don't LOVE a good challenge. I don't like to lose. As of now, the turkeys have been winning. I have a clean miss. I have a knocked down bird that I learned a hard lesson on. Time for me to close the deal.

Jesse connected. I KNOW Marcus will connect before the season is over. If I close the deal, I know J will have extra motivation. lol