Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 6

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Checkin in, I'm headed out to my girlfriends 6000 acres in eastern Oregon for the weekend so hopefully I'll have a bird on the ground. If not at least there'll be some nice scenery

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Hey guys, checking in. Good luck teenbowhunter, sounds like an awesome hunt lined up! I'll be hunting Huron county. Yet to kill a bird, but don't have a lot of time in the spring. Hoping to get out a little more this year. Good luck!

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
I got a nice Tom! I'll try to get up a story and some measurements at some point. I doubled down with her brother and she doubled with her dad the next morning!

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Thanks guys, the beard is 8 3/4 but I'll have to wait to measure the spurs because they're at her house. The beards on her and her dads birds were both over ten inches and her bird had white spurs!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Thanks guys, the beard is 8 3/4 but I'll have to wait to measure the spurs because they're at her house. The beards on her and her dads birds were both over ten inches and her bird had white spurs!

I see you cut your beard off, did you know you can pull them off? You must trust this, about the time you think you are going to pull it apart it will pop off clean as a whistle. Hold it as close to the skin as possible and pull from top to bottom. It WILL work.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
I see you cut your beard off, did you know you can pull them off? You must trust this, about the time you think you are going to pull it apart it will pop off clean as a whistle. Hold it as close to the skin as possible and pull from top to bottom. It WILL work.

Haha yeah I actually saw that about thirty minutes ago, wish I had known that. I have the base sitting in a bunch of salt right now so I'll see how that works. I'm gonna try to preserve the feet too

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Haha yeah I actually saw that about thirty minutes ago, wish I had known that. I have the base sitting in a bunch of salt right now so I'll see how that works. I'm gonna try to preserve the feet too
To preserve the feet just take a drill and run it in and out of the leg to get all the tendon and cartilage out, then just tack them up against a board to let them dry. I always filled the legs with salt while drying.

To preserve the feet just take a drill and run it in and out of the leg to get all the tendon and cartilage out, then just tack them up against a board to let them dry. I always filled the legs with salt while drying.

Borax works to best you can do is dump it in there. Youtube has a lot of great videos if you are looking to do it. As if you get time post some picks of the white spurs wouldn't mind seeing what they look like. Thanks.

TimBuckToo

Kickass! Nice birds man!! Way to put us on the board. I wasn't able to get out this morning but I'll be in Ashtabula Co, - Williamsfield for a hunt on a farm I have permission for tomorrow morning. I'll keep you guys updated!

Spencie - I'll give that a try tomorrow should I get a gobbler. Never hear if that before.