Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Now this takes nads

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What super crazy about that is the u-2 usually requires a pace car for landing. They can't see over the nose to see the runway.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What super crazy about that is the u-2 usually requires a pace car for landing. They can't see over the nose to see the runway.

Exactly, they talk him down too the runway.... Plus with the bicycle landing gear they aren't the most stable platform lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Exactly, they talk him down too the runway.... Plus with the bicycle landing gear they aren't the most stable platform lol

Well I guess the guy in the hole on the flight deck who monitors approach could help guide him in. They have a system that displays a small square box on a screen. The guy monitoring the screen ensures that the aircraft stays inside of the box on approach. He is constantly relaying information to the aircraft. They do this for every aircraft landing so I guess it would be the same thing the pace car is doing.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've seen both USAF and NASA U-2 land and take off a few times they are one of my favorite planes.

The SR71 was the most impressive one too date, they'd usually take off just at dawn and you could see the AB plain as day.... The ground would shake like an earth quake....