Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Darn Tough Wool Socks

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My dad always preached wool socks to me growing up and I never listened. "They make my feet sweat..." I'd say. Well I finally got hip to wool a couple years ago and have had a couple decent set of socks from Browning, Cabelas and most recently, First Lite. While on Amazon one evening, I came across these socks from Darn Tough in Vermont. Read the reviews on a couple of their socks and decided to use the last of a gift card on a $23 pair of socks. No way one pair is worth that right? Fuck yea they area! lmao

Dudes, these socks are the cat's ass. I have the Hiker Boot Sock Cushion in XL and the Hiker Micro Crew in L. Being a size 12.5, the XL is the way to go if you want a little bigger sock. I like the L cause it works great with my tennis shoes. These socks wash well. Much better than any other sock I have ever had. I wore the first pair for 6 days straight and they didn't get crusty or stink. Very impressive. And these are EASY the most comfortable socks I have ever put on my feet. Did I mention the lifetime guarantee?

If you are in the market for a very high-quality pair of wool socks, I assure you that the Darn Tough socks are WELL worth the money! :smiley_coolpeace:

Darn Tough Wool Socks

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
These socks are designed to wear more than once. Wool is credited with having anti-microbial properties, so I wanted to test it out. You buy $23 socks, you don't own a dozen pairs. I wear them 3-4 days, then wash them.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Wish I would have had these in Iraq. I was on an outpost and wore the same pair of socks for 2 weeks straight, my gear had been stolen and it was all I had. By the time I got a new pair, they white socks were completely black and disgusting. I didn't get to shower in that time either so that didn't help.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Wish I would have had these in Iraq. I was on an outpost and wore the same pair of socks for 2 weeks straight, my gear had been stolen and it was all I had. By the time I got a new pair, they white socks were completely black and disgusting. I didn't get to shower in that time either so that didn't help.

Excuse me sir, you're going to need to put your boots back on please... lmao

That sucks dude. It always seemed counter-intuitive to wear thick socks to stay dry, but they do work.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
My feet sweat a lot when I walk to my stand while wearing regular tube socks. How do your feet do with these?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I haven't worn them in rubber boots yet, but they do great in my Ariats. I may be done hunting in rubber boots anyways, but I'll put them to the test this weekend and stuff them down in some Muck Wetlands.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
These socks are designed to wear more than once. Wool is credited with having anti-microbial properties, so I wanted to test it out. You buy $23 socks, you don't own a dozen pairs. I wear them 3-4 days, then wash them.
I was wondering lol I might have to get a pair of the over the calf socks.

angelzd28

I have some darn tough socks, love them, but if you want a truly great wool sock I prefer SmartWool. Got them issued to me in the AF and are still wearing them 6 years later. They are super durable and keep there shape better then any sock ive ever owned. Although they are not cheap, but definitely worth it.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Jesse, do wear any kind of thin liner under these or No? They sound right up my alley. When I hit the river every day, I usually throw the same pair of socks on 3-4 days in a row. After the 2nd, they usually are standing up on their own