Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cbus Folks - Inbound Commuter

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I need to be in Polaris by 10:30 tomorrow for a meeting and I'd like to be there by 9 so I can prep. What's my best bet to beat traffic with a 2 hour drive. Leave my house at 5:30 so I hit 270 around 7? Or try to hit 270 around 8:30?

Huckleberry Finn

Well, tomorrow is a Friday so traffic is 75% of any other day.

Mostly has died down by 830. If you hit 70/270 to 71/250 [Polaris] itll be 30 minutes. Probably preferable to 70 W to 71 N.

Sean wants to know what time lunch is?

Jamie

Ohio
from I-70 westbound, definitely take 270 north to 71 north to Polaris Pky. from 70/270 interchange on east side of town it is a 25-30 minute drive on a good day. good days are few and far between commuting around Columbus during morning and afternoon rush. worst friggin' drivers east of the Mississippi and north of the Mason Dixon line.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
If you kill a MF at Pickerington. Brice Rd. Or the 270 cluster fugg.....(coming in from East) it should be temp insanity. At 7:00 am.....they are brain dead!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I like scenic routes and Rick hooked it up. Taking 33 in to Lancaster, then 37 N to S Granville and hit 161 W to the belt. Only 7 miles longer and less of the shit I hate to deal with! I was just in that rat race twice last week. Don't know how you fellers do it!

Steve, no time for lunch. But I'd consider breakfast if Sean's buying! lmao

Jamie

Ohio
I like scenic routes and Rick hooked it up. Taking 33 in to Lancaster, then 37 N to S Granville and hit 161 W to the belt. Only 7 miles longer and less of the shit I hate to deal with! I was just in that rat race twice last week. Don't know how you fellers do it!

Steve, no time for lunch. But I'd consider breakfast if Sean's buying! lmao

that is a nice route to take, but 161 inbound in the morning can be really, really bad as you approach New Albany, and it is typically the worst between 7 and 8 o'clock. most days that I have to go to Columbus, I get on 161 at Rt 62 (New Albany area), and traffic backs up a few miles sometimes. point being, this way isn't a sure bet either, and there is no reasonable way around that mess when it occurs. good luck.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
that is a nice route to take, but 161 inbound in the morning can be really, really bad as you approach New Albany, and it is typically the worst between 7 and 8 o'clock. most days that I have to go to Columbus, I get on 161 at Rt 62 (New Albany area), and traffic backs up a few miles sometimes. point being, this way isn't a sure bet either, and there is no reasonable way around that mess when it occurs. good luck.

I have never hit a jam on 161. I must be a lucky one on that note. I see way more WTF on 70 going west into Columbus.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Coming from the south I take SR 4 to 161 and hop on 33 E into Dublin. No real traffic until I cross the 270 bridge but I'm only half a mile from work by then.

Doesn't help you Jesse but I thought I would share. Lol.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ric nailed the route! Google said 2 hours 19 minutes to Cabelas. Made it in 2 hours 17 minutes with a piss break in Logan. No traffic issues whatsoever.

I'll say this, my only experience with Lancaster has been 33 W. To me, it was always a shit hole. Boy was I wrong! It's a beautiful city if you get off on Main St. and take 37 W/N out of town. That's a pretty drive! And talk about some high dollar hunting ground around Granville and Johnstown. Easy to see why there's some big boys killed in that area. Never ceases to amaze me how much new construction is always going on up here. I really do live in Mayberry...

epe

Lancaster
Ric nailed the route! Google said 2 hours 19 minutes to Cabelas. Made it in 2 hours 17 minutes with a piss break in Logan. No traffic issues whatsoever.

I'll say this, my only experience with Lancaster has been 33 W. To me, it was always a shit hole. Boy was I wrong! It's a beautiful city if you get off on Main St. and take 37 W/N out of town. That's a pretty drive! And talk about some high dollar hunting ground around Granville and Johnstown. Easy to see why there's some big boys killed in that area. Never ceases to amaze me how much new construction is always going on up here. I really do live in Mayberry...
I live in Lancaster. It has some shit hole areas...But so does Marietta and Pburg..lol