Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rust removal made easy

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I can see where it would be beneficial in that you don't have to remove the part to sand blast it. If it's already off I'll just send it to the sand blaster.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I can see where it would be beneficial in that you don't have to remove the part to sand blast it. If it's already off I'll just send it to the sand blaster.

On sheet metal you have to be careful sandblasting, it can warp and distort it. There are also health/enviromental issues with sand. But at this time lasers are ridiculously expensive.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
On sheet metal you have to be careful sandblasting, it can warp and distort it. There are also health/enviromental issues with sand. But at this time lasers are ridiculously expensive.

There is that. Funny you mention health issues, the first thing I thought was health issues with laser vaporized rust fumes.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Sandblasting has its own health issues as well, if you do the air quality sampling depending on the situation you'll be in a respirator and a tyvek suit....