Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

sportsman guide

at1010

*Supporting Member*
well i have to say I bought the Guide Gear gun cleaning kit and wow was I disappointed. The damn handles were loose, the rods were weak as hell, nothing is labeled, etc.

As my dad always told me, buy cheap, buy twice.

I have to give them a great shout out for the customer service, I called and they sent me a label immediately. The box was opened today and will be sent back tomorrow.

Good job SG!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
well i have to say I bought the Guide Gear gun cleaning kit and wow was I disappointed. The damn handles were loose, the rods were weak as hell, nothing is labeled, etc.

As my dad always told me, buy cheap, buy twice.

I have to give them a great shout out for the customer service, I called and they sent me a label immediately. The box was opened today and will be sent back tomorrow.

Good job SG!
If it's the green box version, I feel your pain.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
If it's the green box version, I feel your pain.

Mike yes it was! It has amazing reviews! I said FUGG it and I spent the 100 on the OTIS cleaning kit. Its on the way. I have to many firearms that I need to keep in good condition to be screwing around with some junk kit.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I bought quite a few climbing sticks from them a few years ago. The quality was good and price was right.

I hang a lot of sets, and just let them sit. I have bought several stick/stand combos from them. The price is fantastic! The stand isn't the most comfortable but really good for an afternoon hunt for a couple hours.

I have recently been buying more ladder stands from them. I have 2 or 3 that I bought for like 80, normally they are 150. That place is one of my favorite places to buy from currently.

I never had any customer service issues with them before, so I was really happy with how well it was handled.

jlane

dunn nc
I hang a lot of sets, and just let them sit. I have bought several stick/stand combos from them. The price is fantastic! The stand isn't the most comfortable but really good for an afternoon hunt for a couple hours.

I have recently been buying more ladder stands from them. I have 2 or 3 that I bought for like 80, normally they are 150. That place is one of my favorite places to buy from currently.

I never had any customer service issues with them before, so I was really happy with how well it was handled.

same, love that site

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Mike yes it was! It has amazing reviews! I said FUGG it and I spent the 100 on the OTIS cleaning kit. Its on the way. I have to many firearms that I need to keep in good condition to be screwing around with some junk kit.

Can't go wrong with Otis products.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I need a good gun cleaning kit. Which one did you buy Al?

I bought sportsman guide gear series that I returned- don't buy it bud.

I then went to Cabelas online and bought the Otis Elite Cleaning system for 100, free shipping. It can clean everything from a 17hmr-12guage. Comes with brushes, patches, oils, etc.

I have so many different guns, and I am too old to not take better care of my shit, so I figured spend the money and make the things I care about last/function how they should.

Bigcountry40

My sabot slugs were much cheaper than in stores and they always have them in stock. ammo on the site seems very reasonable

at1010

*Supporting Member*
new gun kit came, and it seems worth the 100. I will take some pictures and clean guns tomorrow. Ill let y'all know how it works.