Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where do you find jobs in the outdoors?

dasoutdoorsmen

Looking to see if you have an outdoor job, where did you find it? Online? If so, what sites did you use? I was looking for a summer counselor job, but the resources seem sparse.

Thanks!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Looking to see if you have an outdoor job, where did you find it? Online? If so, what sites did you use? I was looking for a summer counselor job, but the resources seem sparse.

Thanks!

don't have one but always wanted to find one. You need to search company websites, also keep the search going constantly as they pop up and disappear quickly

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Welcome to the site. A counselor vs. a hunting show are two very different things.

I recommend identifying exactly what you want to do outside, then figure out how that industry advertises for opening. 4H camp vs logging vs oil/gas vs ODNR are going to all be found in different spots. Want to fish on erie, start calling boat owners. Want to mow grass/landscape, plenty of compaines to call.

What do you want to do?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Welcome to the site. A counselor vs. a hunting show are two very different things.

I recommend identifying exactly what you want to do outside, then figure out how that industry advertises for opening. 4H camp vs logging vs oil/gas vs ODNR are going to all be found in different spots. Want to fish on erie, start calling boat owners. Want to mow grass/landscape, plenty of compaines to call.

What do you want to do?

I think he was talking about the hunting industry bud. Either way some great points, do you want to do marketing, sales, information systems, purchasing, AR ? Every major outdoor company has to have these backings in one way or another. A lot of them are all owned by one larger company, which is where it can be harder to find where to send the resume.

I would bet the ODNR has summer job opportunities and many at state parks that would do some sort of summer counselor job. In Michigan you often would contact the state park directly, may be the same thing for Ohio. There are also private companies who do summer camps and all. You'll just have to do some research I'd say.