Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shaker Outdoor Expo

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Years ago a friend of my dad's turned his farm into a big craft show called the Shaker Woods festival. It attracts 10's of thousands of people to the area every August. His step daughter runs it now and she and I are very involved in the local Chapter of Safari Club International. Her interest in hunting has lead her to want to do an Outdoor event at the Shaker Woods grounds.

So for the last 6 months or so a group us have been working on having an Outdoor Expo. All outdoor activities will be represented; Hunting, fishing, boating, camping, etc. It will be a very family oriented event with activities for all ages. 3D shoots, calling contests, seminars, music, raffles(benefiting non-profits). Other activities are still in the planning stage. A good sized outdoor retailer (who I can't name just yet) is onboard and has promised some very nice gifts for kids.

It is scheduled for the weekend of July 16-17. Location is in Columbiana, 5 miles off the turnpike exit 239, about 1/2 between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. I hope some here will attend, maybe we can meet up.

If any of you are interested in having your outdoor related business or your sport men's club/conservation organization participate pm me and I'll put you in touch with right people.

http://www.shakerwoodsoutdoorexpo.com

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We have tried July/August shows. Never had much success in them. Seems like it is simply too early for most of the "deer hunters" to be thinking about tree stands.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We have tried July/August shows. Never had much success in them. Seems like it is simply too early for most of the "deer hunters" to be thinking about tree stands.

There you go avoiding me again..... I'm starting too get a complex Phillip!!!! lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There you go avoiding me again..... I'm starting too get a complex Phillip!!!! lol
If I do the Shaker Show it would likely be a choice between the show or the TOO summer shoot. Need to figure out when the family is doing vacation as well. My schedule for March and April is slammed. May and June are slammed every year. Two more long weekends in July would be tough. It truly sucks trying to balance the demands of family, self employment, and a bit of enjoyment for myself.