Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Better late than never...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got my Duke traps set today. Put out 5 dirt holes and a territorial set. Went pretty smoothly. Hopefully I can add to the body count around here!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Good luck, hope you have more luck with the foot holds than me! I just put a hay set out today with mb550's on each side of the hay. Mouse paste bait in the middle, with a squirt of red fox piss.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Same goes for the coon. LOL. Fat little fuggers have ate a few hundred dollars worth of corn in their day. A 9mm to the noggin seems like fair trade.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I like the 9 to the noggin idea.
I hope you get a yote so you can see how vicious they really are. You'll be glad to shoot it!
Yep, Brian was on the phone with me when I walked up on the last one I caught. Told him I was going to hammer this motherf%$er lol. Makes me sleep good at night when I think about the deer I saved[emoji1]

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm learning fellers. Nothing going on Saturday. Yesterday I had a bug boar coon in one trap. One that was triggered and the bait stole from another. Today I had a big boar possum, one pull out and nothing else. I bloodied the pull out, but I'm pretty sure it was a coon. I was about 3 weeks too late for all the action I had on cam, but it's been fun and I'll be ready next year!

View attachment 42364

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
uploadfromtaptalk1456759030919.jpg