Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Over The Years & Current 2016!

TimBuckToo

Funny I find myself back on the forum every year around this time. Shed hunting for me is nearly as fun as hunting these big bucks! Here's some of the sheds I've found over the last couple of years and hopefully I'll be adding some 2016 sheds this afternoon!

1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

Last edited:

TimBuckToo

Thanks guys! Picked up an oldie but a goodie this afternoon! A while back (2013 season), I posted a photo of a buck I was after, needless to say I never got him (and still haven't to this day), BUT I found the right side of his rack to match his left side that I had picked up in February of 2014.
I recently had a photo of him on camera a couple weeks back, still wearing his gear, which I'm sure he's dropped by now, but I still haven't picked up his 2014 season set yet. Hopefully I will get my hands on his set from this year!

TimBuckToo

God, I hope so too.. Just the girth on his neck during the rut compared to the velvet photo blows my mind. He's a true beast of an 8 point. He's shown his face twice during daylight hours on my camera since the 2014 season. Dunno if I'll ever get him but I believe he's 6.5 -7.5 years now. I just look forward to seeing him pop on camera next season, God willing!

TimBuckToo

Found some photos of him in his 2014 Season...

WGI_0021.jpg

and here he is in 2015, the daylights taken just about a month ago

WGI_0370.jpg
WGI_0401.jpg
WGI_0403.jpg

So there is atleast 4 horns of his still laying patiently on the ground for me to scoop up :D

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great history of you and this stud! Good luck on finding those sheds! I hope no one else found them! Congrats on the "huge" find today!!! Amazing!!! How far from where you found the left side?

TimBuckToo

Thanks! I kid you not no more than 10 yards. I've been back to that spot a million times and somehow just never saw it. Very thick grassy area, the melted snow helped to hold the grass down which is why I found it today.?

TimBuckToo

Went out for a few today with the dog, he's never actually found a shed but I do enjoy his company out there.
Anyhow I usually bring a shed with me and play with him for a few before getting started telling him stuff like "find the bone boy!" Well about 10 minutes in he did find the bone, just not the kind I was hoping for haha.

Baby steps right? Hah
Great darn dog nonetheless!

TimBuckToo

Thanks guys and gals!
Went out today with my brother and dad and did about 6 miles. Came up with 3, two fresh and an older chewed up one. I love getting out there and getting exercise and it's always a plus to find some bone in the process!