Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

step 1, check

at1010

*Supporting Member*
As many of you know I got laid off. I have been shocked at how many people have reached out to help me.

I had an interview today for a job I am not nearly qualified for but had a great recommendation. I crushed the interview, and I have another one tomorrow morning.

Please send up some good thoughts for me, as this could be a great step in my career if I can pull this one off!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hope it goes better for you than it has me. I'm so fucking frustrated by this whole thing I want to shoot someone. Meanwhile I look around and see people that are just warm bodies making more than I can even get people to offer me. I can't even get call backs on jobs I'd crush. And now I'm staring down the barrel of uprooting my family.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hope it goes better for you than it has me. I'm so fucking frustrated by this whole thing I want to shoot someone. Meanwhile I look around and see people that are just warm bodies making more than I can even get people to offer me. I can't even get call backs on jobs I'd crush. And now I'm staring down the barrel of uprooting my family.

man I feel for you. This job wants a guy with 10+ years of sales and an MBA. I have neither. They asked my why I should be considered for the job. My answer "Sir, I have worked with guys who have 20+ years of sales experience and the year or two I worked with them they didn't sell one new account. I sold 70 new accounts in 8 months in my last job. Experience is important but only holds so much weight, you need to interview people to hear them out."

He liked that answer enough to put me onto the next round. However, it really has made me think about how true it is, and doesn't make any sense. Many jobs are similar to this "we want an energetic, young, outgoing person, with 70 years of experience."

frustrating world we live in......itll all pan out I suppose

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Good luck Al.

Jesse I know its frustrating as all hell. Best of luck to you. Everything happens for a reason, and I hope that reason exposes itself to you soon.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Best of luck.

Jesse hang tuff Brother. I am in the same boat and getting down more and more each day. Did you ever get unemployment?

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
No, I still have no received unemployment. I will be eligible next month. 3.5 months after being laid off...

That is horrible. If you need any help / advise PM me. I am getting it but at first it is a pain in the azz to do and calling Columbus is a night mare. Just need to stay up on the stuff you are requested TOO do other wise you will miss out and a weeks $$

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
That blows Jesse. Could you not have filed for "Partial Unemployment" and then just not file the week you get your severance? Anyway P.M. if you need any help. Best of luck.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
man I feel for you. This job wants a guy with 10+ years of sales and an MBA. I have neither. They asked my why I should be considered for the job. My answer "Sir, I have worked with guys who have 20+ years of sales experience and the year or two I worked with them they didn't sell one new account. I sold 70 new accounts in 8 months in my last job. Experience is important but only holds so much weight, you need to interview people to hear them out."

He liked that answer enough to put me onto the next round. However, it really has made me think about how true it is, and doesn't make any sense. Many jobs are similar to this "we want an energetic, young, outgoing person, with 70 years of experience."

frustrating world we live in......itll all pan out I suppose

I hear ya Albert! Hope you get something soon buddy!

Jesse, I know you must be way beyond frustrated right now buddy, I'm still hoping and praying something comes along for ya...dang!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
well I passed round 2, on to round 3 y'all! This is unreal, I am beyond excited to potentially get this opportunity. Ill be traveling a TON but thats ok!

Buckmaster

Portage
well I passed round 2, on to round 3 y'all! This is unreal, I am beyond excited to potentially get this opportunity. Ill be traveling a TON but thats ok!

Young, energetic, willing to work those late hours, and willingness to travel is what they're all looking for. Road dogs are tough to find. I've got about half of this left in the tank after 20 years. Do it pre-wife and kids and earn a name and a nice check for yourself.

Bigcountry40

I'll be praying for ya Al, Jesse I feel for ya buddy my wife and I had to uproot to the South and make monopoly money before we lucked out back into Ohio. God has a purpose for us all, he will take care of ya. Glad to see they finally got your unemployment figured out!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks all, I had one of the final interviews this morning. went well and I think I am getting an offer. I hope it works out!